Health Information Management (Completion Program) (HIM COM BS)
Bachelor of Science | Minimum 123 credits | HIM COM BS
This program is designed for current RHIT credentialed professionals who are seeking a bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management (HIM). The purpose of the bachelor’s degree HIM program at Davenport University is to prepare the graduates to advance in the HIM profession through the use of critical thinking, data analytic skills, communication, applied research, self-directed learning, leadership and management skills. This program prepares RHIT credentialed professionals for emerging key roles in supporting the technological infrastructure for health services delivery. Graduates of this program are eligible to sit for the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) exam. Students may select the Cancer Tumor Registry Specialty. Completion of this specialty allows the graduate to sit for the National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA) Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) exam.
• Must possess a current active RHIT credential from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
• Must have at least a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 from previous CAHIIM accredited HIT program.
Transfer/Advanced Standing Credit
• 60 credit hours of transfer credit will be granted for the completion of an associate degree health information technology program with a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher
• 30 credit hours of advanced standing credit will be granted for successful completion of the Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) exam.
Which class should I take? When should I take it?
See our Recommended Program Sequences:
- Health Information Management, BS Completion (web)
- Health Information Management, BS Completion (pdf)
- Health Information Management, BS Completion: Cancer Tumor Registry Specialty (web)
- Health Information Management, BS Completion: Cancer Tumor Registry Specialty (pdf)
Foundations of Excellence
|Transfer (35cr)||Advanced Standing Credit||35|
Foundations of Health Professions
|Transfer (16cr)||Advanced Standing Credit||16|
|HLTH101R||Intro to Health Careers/Retake||0|
|Transfer (39cr)||Advanced Standing Credit||39|
|HINT335||Coding and Revenue Cycle Mgmt||2|
|HINT350||Clinical Information Systems||3|
|HINT400||Management Information Systems||3|
|HINT420||Data Analysis/Research in HIM||3|
|HINT475||Enterprise Governance Hlthcare||3|
|HINT496||Health Info Mgmt Capstone||4|
Option: Cancer Tumor Registry Specialty [CNTR]
|CATR110||Cancer Registry Strct/Oper/Mgt||4|
|CATR130||Cancer Disease Coding &Staging||3|
|CATR210||Oncology Treatment & Coding||3|
|CATR230||Cancer Followup, Data Qual/Mgt||3|
|CATR299||Cancer Tumor Registry Practicm||3|