Nursing (Completion Program) (NUR COM BSN)
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING • 121-134 CREDITS • NUR COM BSN
This program is designed for currently licensed registered nurses who are seeking a bachelor’s degree in nursing. The purpose of the bachelor’s degree nursing program at Davenport University is to prepare the graduates to advance in the nursing profession through the use of critical thinking, advanced assessment skills, communication, collaborating practices, applied research, self-directed learning, leadership and management skills. This program prepares registered nurses for nursing practice of patients and their support systems across the continuum of care and in communities.
- Must possess a current active unencumbered and unrestricted Registered Nurse License
- Must have at least a cumulative GPA of 2.5 from previous nursing program
- Must provide a copy of a current, approved CPR card
Transfer/Advanced Standing Credit
- 60 credit hours of transfer credit will be granted for the completion of an associate-level nursing program with a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher
- 30 credit hours of advanced standing credit will be granted for successful completion of the NCLEX
*A grade of C+ or better is required for successful completion of all BIOL and CHEM courses required in the nursing program.
** Students who are not proficient in computer usage (internet searching, word processing, keyboarding skills) are encouraged to take BITS101 Computer Essentials, CISP100 Introduction to Computers or CISP111 Requirements Planning and Development (3 credit hours).
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree requirements must be met based on the catalog year of acceptance to the BSN Completion Program.
Which class should I take? When should I take it?
See our Recommended Program Sequences:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Completion Program), BSN (web)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Completion Program), BSN (pdf)
- Specialty Medical Case Management (web)
- Specialty Medical Case Management (pdf)
Foundations of Health Professions
|HLTH101M||Intro to Health Careers||0|
|HLTH401||Health Care Research||3|
|Transfer (14cr)||Advanced Standing Credit||14|
|NURS315||Health Promotion & Education||3|
|NURS317Y||Health Assessment in Nursing||4|
|NURS415||Evidence Based Nursing Practic||2|
|NURS420Y||Community Health Nursing L/C||4|
|NURS421Y||Nurse Manager & Leader L/C||3|
|NURS496O||Senior Nursing Seminar||2|
|Transfer (52cr)||Advanced Standing Credit||52|
Foundations of Excellence
|STAT219||Introduction to Biostatistics||3|
|Transfer (24cr)||Advanced Standing Credit||24|
Optional Medical Case Management Specialty [CMS]
|MCMG300||Case Management Fundamentals||3|
|MCMG401||Case Mgmt Documt & Rprting||4|
|MCMG403||Case Mgt Special Populations||3|